I been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award by an incredible blogger – and homeschool mama! As she says, “the encouragement, support, and friendships I am receiving from the Blogging Community means so much to me!” Thank you so much to Becky @RussellsLoving1 for nominating me for this award. Just starting out it means a lot that I have found so much support among the parenting, homeschooling, AND mental health communities online. Thank you again!
Being nominated means you have been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award. Congratulations!
Thank the Blogger or Bloggers who gave you the award and include the link to their blog in your post. You may include as many links to their social media as you would like. Share the Love and encouragement!
Tell the person who nominated you 7 Things About Yourself.
Select 15 Blogs/Bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and put them in your post.
Nominate the 15 Blogs/Bloggers of your choice on Twitter with their Twitter handles and include the Twitter handle for the Blogger or Bloggers who nominated you.
7 Things About Me:
1. I have a very literary name. My mother named me Katie after Katie Scarlet O’Hara from Gone with the Wind. She almost gave me the middle name Scarlet, but didn’t want me to be a brat like her! And of course, my married last name is Potter. I married my husband just 3 weeks after the last Harry Potter book came out, and when I bought it the night it was released, I went ahead and wrote “Katie Potter” in the book because I was so excited that was going to be my name.
2. I am a writer, so I’m quite literary in nature, too. 😉 I have written two YA historical fiction novels and a children’s picture book. I’m finishing up my first novella, which is a family memoir. I’ve been writing books since I was in kindergarten, and never stopped.
3. I am a family historian, and have been since I was 16. I’m so lucky I got started so early so I have been able to speak to so many of the elders in my family. Also, I have a blog about family history for kids. I started it in 2016, and am reviving and relaunching it. (I’d love for my friends to follow it, too – at Storybook Ancestor, and @storyancestry on Twitter. 🙂
4. I have three living children, but in reality, I am a mother of six. My children are Ellie, Micah, and Silas here on earth, and in heaven I have Lou, Jesse, and Sparrow.
5. I absolutely love musicals. I love to take my kids to local high schools and support their musicals. I’ve seen some incredible performances of Aida, Phantom of the Opera, Newsies, and more at high schools. The best actual Broadway performances I’ve ever seen have been Wicked and Hamilton. Love love love.
6. I have a life goal to hike the entire Appalachian Trail. My husband and I met on a backpacking trip in 2003, and he and I and our kids are all big hikers. We hike on the AT as often as we can, being from Indiana. Some day, we’ll do the whole trail!
7. I have five tattoos, and each one means something special to me, and serves as a reminder to help keep me uplifted. I’m getting a new one soon, and have had it planned since just before I found out I was pregnant with Silas. On my left wrist I have tattooed, “I need thee” and my next one will be on my right wrist, and will say, “Be thou my vision” – two of my favorite hymns.
That’s all, folks. Thanks again to Becky @russellslovin1 – and now it’s my turn to nominate some amazing bloggers!
Don’t forget to check every one these fine folks out – they’re all wonderful peoples. Thanks so much everyone!